Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Give Blood. Save a Life.


I donated blood today!

Do you know what makes me so angry? People that say they don't donate blood because they're squeamish of needles. Oh. my. heck. I'd probably swear in this letter if you weren't a missionary! Seriously. I can see if you have health issues, or if you've been out of the country or something. But just because it makes you nervous? Because you just don't want to? I say, don't look at me and say that-- look at the children, babies, and other people who need your blood to survive and tell THEM that you just can't bring yourself to do it. So what if it hurts a little? You're saving someone's life. That isn't something you should take lightly. It's like a humanly responsibility to do it. Wouldn't you want someone to donate blood for you if you were in an accident?
{This is an excerpt from a letter to Elder Hill}

So if you can donate blood-- do it. I don't care how scary it is. Life is full of scary things. But there are things more important than your fear. Like saving someone's life. Just sayin'.

-Megan

2 comments:

Alexis said...

Matthew is squeamish of needles and blood, but he donated blood. It was funny. He said if he died I would get his TV.

P.S. you are so cute in this picture!

debs life said...

I can't give blood because I lived in Germany recently, not to mention the fact that I've been pregnant twice since. I agree with you, the pain outweighs the benefits...and guess what!??! It doesn't freaking hurt that bad. It's mind over matter people. It's not nearly as bad as people make it.