Saturday, December 26, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Keep in mind that German Pancakes are supposed to look like this:
They didn't rise, so they weren't light and fluffy; instead they were thick and heavy. Gross.
We were trying to make after-dinner-mint candy. Everything went well until we tasted them. They were very salty and not very minty. After examining the flavoring bottle, the culprit was found. We used almond flavoring instead of mint. Holy whoa they are nasty.
Tomorrow we're making gingerbread houses, so we saved the almints anyway. They look alright, after all. (Exciting blog post to follow about that adventure!)
Sunday, December 20, 2009
I take a video on my phone. I use a Micro SD converter to get the file onto my computer. For some reason it's a Quicktime file. Okay, whatever.
But when I upload that to the internet or youtube- it doesn't work. I can watch it on my compy but I can't show it to other people. The audio is completely off. I can't import it to Windows Movie Maker so I can't change the format it's in, either.
I gave up on that.
Okay, so I want to be total nerd and play Civilization III. I install it on my computer, and for a while it looks like everything is good. Wrong.
Apparently, I need to get Civilization IV or V because Civilization II is just too old to work with Vista. So I either have to play downstairs on our family's slow as molasses PC while shivering in the basement or waste hours playing Spider Solitare on my laptop. (As if Civilization wasn't a waste of time.)
On Wednesday I was traveling home to Salt Lake via frontrunner and trax. I wasn't traveling alone, but my mom still wanted to know whether I had caught the train.
But she couldn't text me because of a network error. Luckily she could still call me. The three hours I couldn't send any text messages were the three longest of my life. No joke. The next morning my phone was back to normal.
Technology makes me so angry sometimes. But I guess it works more often than it fails, so I should be glad for that.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
1. Enjoy a Holiday Mint Blast from Sonic
2. Scrapbook like a mad-woman
3. Collage (It's not college-- that's what I'm escaping. I mean collaging: a technique of composing a work of art by pasting on a single surface various materials not normally associated with one another, as newspaper clippings, parts of photographs, theater tickets, and fragments of an envelope.)
4. Learn a new piano song
5. Read a good book
6. File all my notes from this past semester in my note-filing box that I've filled with notes from classes ever since I ever started takin notes in classes. I understand this behavior is OCD, but I love the feeling of having a myriad of knowledge right at my fingertips. As if I'll ever look at those notes again.
7. Play (speed) scrabble with my sisters and hopefully my cousins.
8. Sleep in.
9. Play in the snow.
10. Write a play or two.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
I'm not emo or depressed. I just can laugh at myself. I really do have good pictures, but they're so very tedious compared to the ones where I look just plain ugly. Enjoy the ugliness here.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
My friend Missy went to Bingham High, and I obviously went to Syracuse. When our alma maters played each other, we made a bet: If the Miners won, I had to refrain from shaving in November. If the Titans came out victorious, then Missy had to shave her left eyebrow.
The outcome was not positive for me. Dang it, all my sports teams are loosing when it counts!