Monday, June 28, 2010

Just for kicks and giggles or Sólo por diversión y risas

Okay, scratch that last post. I thought of something good to say now! I don't delete things, so that wretched post will remain, but now I have a few specklings of brilliance to throw out onto the canvas of the world wide web.


I love language. I love it, even when I don't understand it. So I have this new friend, Marsha, who is in the Linguistics program with me, and Spanish is her L1, but she speaks English wonderfully too. Today I started a new institute class, and she is in it with me! I'm so thrilled! Anyway, she said the closing prayer, and she asked the teacher if she could give it in Spanish. Of course he said yes.

It was so beautiful! I just love listening to the sounds, even though I really don't understand it. I focused on the spirit of the prayer, not the words.

And of course, there was a Spanish-speaking returned missionary rushing up to her after class trying to show off his knowledge of Spanish to impress her. I giggled at that.

Anyway, I'm going to switch my facebook to Spanish because I just love Spanish, and I can't WAIT to take it in the fall! I've taken a little bit before, but I want to really embrace it now. Yay! I can't wait to be non monolingual! Wait... that would be bilingual! (Duh)

Just for kicks and giggles... here is the post in Espanol, thanks to Google Translate (my bff).



Bueno, a los arañazos que la última entrada. Pensé en algo bueno que decir ahora! Yo no lo borrado, por lo que después seguirá siendo miserable, pero ahora tengo un specklings algunos de brillo a tirar en el lienzo de la World Wide Web.


Me encanta el idioma. Me encanta, aunque yo no lo entiendo. Así que tengo este nuevo amigo, Marsha, que está en el programa de Lingüística conmigo, y el español es su L1, pero ella habla Inglés maravillosamente también. Hoy he comenzado un nuevo instituto de clase, y es en ella conmigo! Estoy tan emocionada! De todos modos, dijo que la oración final, y le preguntó al profesor si podía darle en español. Por supuesto, él dijo que sí.

Era tan hermoso! Me encanta escuchar los sonidos, aunque realmente no lo entiendo. Me concentré en el espíritu de la oración, no las palabras.

Y, por supuesto, estaba tratando de una de habla española volvió corriendo misionero hasta su clase después de hacer alarde de su conocimiento del español para impresionarla. Me reí en eso.

De todos modos, voy a cambiar mi facebook a español porque me encanta el español, y no puedo esperar para tomar en el otoño! Me he tomado un poco antes, pero quiero realmente abrazar ahora. Yay! No puedo esperar a ser monolingües no! Espera ... que ser bilingüe! (Duh)


-Megan


No comments: