Monday, September 19, 2011

Publications of all sorts


This week's muffin recipe is from my first cookbook ever! I have many recipes, but never an actual book. Now I have legit book.



The recipe: Mixed Berry Oat Muffins

1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup oatbran (This is really hard to find, try looking in the health foods section of your local grocer.)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup buttermilk (That's a half-pint, in case you are wondering.)
2 Tbsp.vegetable oil
1 egg
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen berries (mine were fresh and it was the best.)
powdered sugar for dusting

Cook at 350 degrees, for 20 minutes.

Combine the wet ingredients (except for the berries,) and separately combine the dry ingredients, then put them together. (I'm finding this is super common in recipes. I don't know why the wet and dry ingredients can't be friends.)

When they cool, dust them with the powdered sugar.

From Cupcakes & Muffins published by Weldon Owen.

Big thanks to my new friend Sam who helped me make said muffins.

-Meg

No comments: