Friday, August 27, 2010

All sorts of exciting

Holy Whoa! I deem the first week of school a success.

Looks like working at the Chronicle is going to consume my existence, but I'm alright with that.

I love copy editing, but it's grueling mental work. The trick is to not necessarily know ever grammar rule, but to be attentive to spot where there could be an error, and to know where to find the answer. But anyway, I don't want to bore you with the subtle nuances of editing.

On the other side of the coin, page designing is a taxing session of creative gymnastics and larger-than-life tetris. I justify playing tetris now by saying I'm practicing for page designing. Heck yes.

Syntax and phonology blow my mind, although we're in the slow beginning stages were we have to define everything, and that's getting old. I'm ready to jump into the thick of things!

Choir is going to be sublime at the very least. To be singing again feels wonderful.

I received Elder Hill's last letter from the missionary training center! He's off to the land of Fiji. He's so excited, and so am I. I'm nervous for him, actually, but I know things will be great.

And tomorrow... I see the LION KING! My childhood fantasy is about to be fulfilled.

-Meg

No comments: