Monday, July 18, 2011

Thoughts on living

Photobucket
This morning I went horseback riding. Then I went to a aerobics and weightlifting class. Then I went to yoga. Then I ate some really unhealthy food, so after my nap and my laundry, I rode my bike. When I came back from my bike ride, I watched Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition. Yup, I'm kind of bragging.

I am tired of thinking about weight and fitness all the time. But I know it's important. I want to work hard now and never let myself go, so I can be strong and powerful my whole life.
When I can't run another step, or lift another weight, I repeat my mantra.

"I am strong.

I am fast.

I am beautiful."

Notice how I don't use the word "skinny." I am skinny. I don't need to get skinnier. And "thin" is negative. That word connotates loss, hunger, and unrealistic magazine models.

I won't have this much time to spend on my body when school starts again; I'll be exercising my brain instead of my abs. I love the summer because I can work out and really enjoy it. It's taken a few years to build up to where I am, and I still have a long way to go.

This is the body God blessed me with. I am happy with it, but I'm not content. I can be stronger, more flexible. I need to get better at resisting temptation. I want keep my body fit so I can be helpful and healthy.

It's sad that "active lifestyle" is a separate idea from just plain old "lifestyle." Moving and living is what it's all about.

There's no one perfect body, or perfect lifestyle. I just never want to be caught lazy and careless about life. It's precious.

-Meg

No comments: