Monday, August 22, 2011

Blueberry Bandana Muffins

Photobucket
I got to use my new kitchen on Sunday to make these muffins. The recipe is from my grandma/mom. It is originally a bread recipe, but can be easily adapted to muffin form.

Make sure the bananas are mashed up and mixed into the batter as much as you can. I wished I had done that because I had huge gooey globs of banana in the muffins. It didn't taste bad, but it made it so the muffins don't travel well. It also would have helped if I used liners, since the blueberrries were kind of messy too.

This wasn't my favorite recipe ever, but it was easy. It just tasted too much like bread and not enough like muffins. And my mind--and tongue--expects them to be just plain blueberry muffins and they are not! There is banana in there which overpowers everything.

If you like banana bread, then this is a good recipe for you.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 large (very) ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Cream butter and sugar. Mix eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in bananas and blueberries.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes.
------------------
OK, now that I've done something completely out of my element and talked about FOOD, I'll tell you about the first day of class!

I rode my bicycle to the institute. My first class is "The Gospel and World Religions." I'm really excited because I love the instructor and it sounds really interesting.

Then I had Spanish, and I'm surprised how much I retained over the summer. Yay!

Next was my methodology class. To demonstrate what we'd learn to do by the end of the semester, the professor taught us some Italian... in Italian. It was way cool.

I finished the hot day in my non-air conditioned acting class. There are a lot of freshmen, but the professor seems really nice. I love her positive attitude.

Well, that's my first day of my last year of undergrad. Yay!

-MEG

No comments: