Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A paper just isn't a paper without an all-nighter and a rant

It's only 11:45 p.m. and my paper is done. Done is a relative term though. I am turning it in only to get it hashed apart by my professor. I don't mind the hashing part, I do it to other people all the time.

I'm just weirded out by this "Done by midnight" thing. I mean, I did stay up really last last night and the night before that. I did skip one of my classes today (I feel so guilty!). I did my best not to procrastinate, so I should not have to suffer through an all-nighter.

A paper just isn't a paper without an all-nighter!

When I say paper, I really mean like 5 papers.

I feel like this paper is taking over my life. I kind of asked for it by taking writing classes, but I'm getting bitter. It's like all I can talk about, which I'm sure gets annoying for all I converse with. I probably sound like I'm making myself a martyr and that I'm over exaggerating. Well I am, and I'm annoying myself. I talk to somebody, and they're like "How are you?" and somehow my answer turns into a HUGE rant and I'm suddenly going into detail about my thesis and how it relates to the great questions of the world and how this paper is taking over my life! And now the paper is taking over the blog post. But I'm trying to get it all out here so the people in my world can stop hearing about my misery and agony over my paper.

My papers and their topics: (Because you really want to know)

Bilingual education
The passive and active voice
How modern human beings came into exist (starting with Miocene apes)
Different cultures coming together in peoples' memoirs (This is uber vague, still trying to figure out what he wants)
Haitian Americans

Suddenly my photography project seems so nice! No writing! Just a creative explosion of no-explanation!

I am going to bed after I print out my paper. The printer is not going to work because that is how printers work: they don't. Especially not at 12 am.

If you have made it to the end of this grotesque post, I commend your brave spirit and valiant heart. I just needed to write crap that wasn't for school. Good night!

-Just little old me(g)

2 comments:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Oh Meg, I feel your pain! I was a history major. I wrote oodles and oodles of papers. Good luck with yours! They are a pain in the you-know-where but you'll get through them. And then keep them! Cause they are lots of fun to read again when you get older!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, Meg. :( Sounds like you had a rough go of it. Still, I know you can do whatever you put your mind to (and, no, I'm not just saying that). Things will get better.